The Society covers Llandeilo Town and the four neighbouring communities of Dyffryn Cennen, Llanfihangel Aberbythych, Llangathen, and Manordeilo and Salem.
The Society seeks to improve the quality of life for all in the places where we live and work by:
- Promoting high standards of planning, architecture and design
- Educating the public in the history, geography and conservation of the natural and built environment
- Promoting policies and projects that will enhance the quality of life in the communities
- Promoting environmental, economic and social sustainability
- Protecting, preserving and improving features of historic or public interest
- Promoting civic pride
Llandeilo Civic Trust Society 1967- 2000
The Llandeilo Civic Trust Society’s activities included responsibility for the successful Llandeilo in Bloom project, monitoring planning applications in the interests of the community and in action regarding a bypass to reduce the heavy lorry traffic through town.
The new -2003- Llandeilo and District Civic Trust Society
The Civic Trust Wales has approved the new name and constitution for the revival of the Society, adopted on December 8th 2003. The new Society expanded area of benefit to include the adjoining community council areas. The constitution was amended in 2012 and again in 2017.
2017 Llandeilo and District Civic Society
New Society name and Constitution following the closure of the Civic Trust for Wales to which the Society had been affiliated.
The Constitution of the Society adopted 27th June 2017 (in PDF format, opens in a new window)
The Constitution of the Society adopted 9th July 2012 (in PDF format, opens in a new window)
Constitution of the Society from 2003 – 2012 (in PDF format, opens in a new window)